What is a Girls on the Run SoleMate?
A Girls on the Run SoleMate makes a difference in RI girls’ lives with every mile they run/walk/cycle. As Girls on the Run supporters you believe in inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident and understand how this positively impacts our community at large.
We need your help to reach more girls in the Ocean State! Whether you are training for your first 5K or a marathon, dedicate your effort to Girls on the Run RI by becoming a SoleMate! Help more RI girls cross the finish line by getting your friends and family to support your training with a donation. Being a SoleMate will provide you with the extra motivation you need to keep working towards your goal! It’s fun, easy and a great way to share your training journey and win big prizes and swag!
Why SoleMates Matter
Did you know that each season we provide financial assistance to 40% of our girls and full scholarships to 30% of our girls? This past spring and fall 2016 we served over 400 girls and awarded over $20,000 in financial assistance – over 200 girls would not have crossed the finish line if it were not for people like YOU, their SoleMates.
This year we need to raise over $30,000 for financial assistance as we will be expanding our reach to 630 girls!
Need the extra motivation to register for a race?
We have some GREAT RACE PRIZES!
Girls on the Run RI and Rhode Races & Events have teamed up to give our SoleMates that extra motivation and some big race prizes and swag!
Newport 5K & Half Marathon on April 15, 2017
Providence 5K, Half Marathon, Marathon on May 7, 2017
Bristol Half Marathon July 1, 2017
Here Is How To Register In 2 Easy Steps
- Register online to join the SoleMate Team and pledge to sponsor a girl(s)
- Set up your fundraising page and share your story with family & friends!
As a SoleMate, you will enjoy a number of exclusive benefits including:
- Personalized giving page to share your story
- Training Guide Booklet created exclusively for GOTR SoleMates by Coach Jenny Hadfield – GOTR fan!
- Tips on Creative Fundraising Ideas
- *Raffle for local race entry (see above list of race entries)
- *SoleMates technical shirt
- *Complimentary entry to the Girls on the Run 5K on Sunday, May 21st at Colt State Park in Bristol
- *Swag/Giveaways at the SoleMates Gratitude tent at the 5K
- The top fundraising SoleMate will be invited as a guest to a GOTR site in the Fall 2017 to join in on the fun and see the program in action!
(*raise and secure at least $170)
Suggested Fundraising Levels
$170 Sponsor a girl
$510 Sponsor 3 girls
$1020 Sponsor 6 girls
$2550 Sponsor a full scholarship site/team of 15 girls