What is a Girls on the Run SoleMate?
A Girls on the Run SoleMate makes a difference in RI girls’ lives with every mile they run/walk/cycle. As Girls on the Run supporters you believe in inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident and understand how this positively impacts our community at large.
We need your help to reach more girls in the Ocean State! Whether you are training for your first 5K or a marathon, dedicate your effort to Girls on the Run RI by becoming a SoleMate! Help more RI girls cross the finish line by getting your friends and family to support your training with a donation. Being a SoleMate will provide you with the extra motivation you need to keep working towards your goal! It’s fun, easy and a great way to share your training journey and win big prizes and swag!
Why SoleMates Matter
Did you know that each season we provide financial assistance to 30% of our girls? This past fall 2016 and spring 2017 we served over 500 girls and awarded over $16,000 in financial assistance – over 200 girls would not have crossed the finish line if it were not for people like YOU, their SoleMates. This 2017-2018 year we need to raise over $20,000 for financial assistance as we will be expanding our reach!
Here Is How To Register In 2 Easy Steps
- Register online to join the SoleMate Team and pledge to sponsor a girl(s)
- Set up your fundraising page and share your story with family & friends!
As a SoleMate, you will enjoy a number of exclusive benefits including:
- Personalized giving page to share your story
- Training Guide Booklet created exclusively for GOTR SoleMates by Coach Jenny Hadfield – GOTR fan!
- Tips on Creative Fundraising Ideas
- *Complimentary entry to the Girls on the Run 5K on Sunday, November 19 as a VIP guest OR *Complimentry entry to the Girls on the Run 5K in May 2018
- *SoleMates technical shirt
- *Swag/Giveaways at the SoleMates Gratitude table at the 5K depending on level raised
- The top fundraising SoleMate will be invited as a guest to a GOTR site in the Spring 2018 to join in on the fun and see the program in action!
(*raise and secure at least $170)
Suggested Fundraising Levels
$170 Sponsor a girl
$510 Sponsor 3 girls
$1020 Sponsor 6 girls
$2550 Sponsor a full scholarship site/team of 15 girls
Nationally Sponored By: